Well established legal firm in the Bodmin area is looking to recruit an Assistant Legal Cashier to join their friendly team.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting with the overall management and day to day running of the Cashiers’ Department.
To assist in ensuring that the firm complies with all requirements and regulations in connection with its financial records, Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and time records. To provide to the members and staff a quick and efficient service in relation to all financial transactions, time recording and the production of information relating thereto.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Assisting Senior Cashier in the management of the department and being in charge of the accounts department when Senior Cashier is on holiday
· Ensuring that the computerised accounting and time costing system is up to date at all times
· Dealing with financial posting, posting bills and producing profiles
· Ensuring all deletions are processed within 24 hours
· Dealing with telegraphic transfers under supervision
· Ensuring banking is prepared and dealt with appropriately
· Ensuring all cheque requests have cheques drawn and ready for signature by 4pm
· Ensuring the Petty Cash is dealt with as directed by the Senior Cashier
· Using the correct office systems and procedures in accordance with the firm’s standards
· Maintaining professional standards
· Introducing clients to fee earners as appropriate
· Keeping yourself technically up to date by training and research
· Performing all duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
· Adhering to stated policies and procedures as set out in the on-line Office Manual
· Introducing new clients to the firm
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required:
· Solicitors Accounts Rules
· Money Laundering Regulations
· Knowledge of operation of systems
· Ability to learn new systems
· Appreciation of need to follow regular pattern or reporting to the fee earners and Members
· Ability to prioritise
· Ability to deal with clients
· Attention to detail
· Speed without compromise of above
· Sense of humour
· Effective communication with fee earners
· Enthusiasm and dedication to the firm and its goals
This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis, Monday to Friday, office based.