We are excited to be working with one of Cornwall’s most established and reputable manufacturing firms. A world leader in their field with a fantastic reputation in both their sector and as local employers.
They are looking to recruit a number of CNC Operators to their team.
· To control the use and supply of consumable cutting tools used in the manufacture of product within a group machining facility.
· Support the supply of raw material to the machines
· Monitoring of consumable cutter usage ensuring that proper stock levels are maintained.
· The supply of tooling kits to the shop floor with all of the relevant cutter data and descriptions required to support the manufacturing process ensuring the tools are safe for use and in good condition.
· Auditing of fixtures to ensure they are fit for use. And working with business stake holders to improve processes.
· Ensure that all products are supplied efficiently, on time, in full and to the required quality specification.
· Support the controlled removal and processing of generated waste streams such as swarf and solid materials.
· Supporting the business values through the application of the highest standards in the approach and application of processes and procedures.
· Adhere to all health and safety procedures and ensure that the other team members are kept safe.
· Support personnel development and the development of others within the team by sharing best practice.
· Minimum of City and Guilds apprenticeship, NVQ level 4 or time serviced in a directly related discipline.
· Lean – Yellow Belt or above or working towards
· IOSH – Working Safely- or working towards
Relevant skills, experience and behaviours:
· Previous experience of working in a machine shop
· Exposure to Lean manufacturing experience
· Experience of working within an IOSH environment
· Experience of 6S processes
· Experience of supporting root cause analysis investigations
· Experience of mentoring and supporting others to gain competency and expertise in Machine Shop tools
· Self-motivated with an attention to detail
· Solution focused and able to work in a high-pressured environment
· Able to communicate effectively and confidently with a diverse team of people
· Able to motivate team colleagues and support and encourage their growth and development
· Able to quickly identify problems and implement actions to resolve in a timely way
My client offers a range of attractive staff benefits including accessible employee forums, comprehensive pension packages, flexible working arrangements, private medical healthcare for all employees and inclusive employment practices.
This role is being offered on a full-time permanent basis – both day and nightshifts available although nightshift vacancies more pressing.
For more information, please apply today. Contact: email@example.com