Smith and Reed is committed to providing a high level service to our customers. If you do not receive
satisfaction from us we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact Kim Moey- Office & Compliance Manager by phone 01872 222 338 in
the first instance so that we can try to resolve your complaint informally.
At this stage, if you are not satisfied please contact Rebecca Richardson- CEO. You can write to her at: Smith
and Reed Recruitment, The Old Chapel, St Clement Street, Truro, TR1 1EX
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details
set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can
expect to receive our letter within [2-5] working days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register within a day of having received it.
3. We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgment letter and confirm what will happen next.
You can expect to receive our acknowledgement letter within [2-5] days of your reply.
4. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps;
• We may ask the member of staff who dealt with you to reply to your complaint within 5 days of our
• We will then examine the member of staff’s reply and the information you have provided for us. If
necessary we may ask you to speak to them. This will take up to 4 days from receiving their reply.
5. Mark Bamber will then invite you to meet him to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will
do this within  days of the end of our investigation.
6. Within 2 days of the meeting Mark Bamber will write to you to confirm what took place and any
solutions he has agreed with you.
• If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mark Bamber will send you a detailed reply to your
complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter. He will do this within 5 days of
completing his investigation.
7. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. Another Director of the company will
review Marks decision within 10 days.
8. We will let you know of the outcome of this review within 5 days of the end of the review. We will write
to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not
satisfied, you can contact the Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate at the Department for
Business Innovation and Skills or the REC, the industry trade association, of which we are a member by
writing to the Consultancy and Compliance Team, REC, Dorset House, 1st Floor, 27 - 45 Stamford Street,
London, SE1 9NT.
If we have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why.
NOTE: In any event, we will comply with any statutory procedures that may relate to your